About Me

My photo
I make cakes, cookies and other baked treats for delivery in the Wimbledon-ish area, please contact me to discuss any orders. Whether you are having a party, a family get-together or just need some cake, I can help!

Monday 26 December 2011

'Tis The Season

Holidays! I went back to my parents' for the holiday period, where I am still. Mostly sitting and watching TV and eating everything that is not proper food. Aside from Christmas lunch, I haven't eaten a main meal in 3 days. Rad.


Here's some photos of things that have happened in the recent present.




First some glittery panettone. Panettone was a gift from my brother's friend Fabio, sourced from Carluccio's. So delicious and moist with and almond-y macaron-y crackle glaze thing. I sprinkled some edible glitter on (gift from the boyfriend), much as I have been doing with all food these past couple of days...



We went for a pre-Christmas lunch at The Butcher and Grill in Wimbledon village, family, boyfriend and I. I had a delicious espresso martini, but somehow managed to throw it all over a cushion, my handbag, and my phone. 




Cheese burger....




Lamb burger...




Sparkly mince pies. Lazily made with shop-bought pastry and Heston Blumenthal's pine sugar left over from a packet of his mince pies. I added a little brandy butter to the filling.



The cat was suffering from food-pouch induced excess. He had 3 all before lunch...




Chocolate, hazlenut and pecan pie. Recipe adapted from the Hummingbird Bakery. The pastry looks a state due to the wrath I was experiencing from the pastry gods. No doubt in penance for the aforementioned shop-bought incident.




Crispy wonton thingies. And lots of Spode.

No comments:

Post a Comment